Dr. Wilmarth can be seen on WebMD, as well as in numerous news articles. Follow Dr. Wilmarth in the news, and track useful links to help you balance your life!
- ‘Selfie Elbow’ is the latest in a long line of tech-related injuries. Washington Post. Hayley Tsukayama. July 5, 2016.
- 8 Ways to Banish Back Pain Right Now: Try these simple ways to ease aches and keep them at bay—for good. Abigail Cuffey and Alyssa Shaffer. Woman’s Day. June 30, 2016.
- 8 Best Stretches To Do If You’re Over 40. Markham Heid. Prevention. June 23, 2016.
- Top Trainer: Build Over Time – WebMD on the Street. WebMD Magazine. WebMD.com June 2016.
- Tweet Chat – Dr. Richard Besser ABC News Chief – Back Pain: Prevention and Treatment – What Works? December 15, 2015
- Santa’s Secrets – WebMD on the Street. WebMD Magazine. WebMD.com November/December 2015
- Peace Maker – WebMD on the Street. WebMD Magazine. WebMD.com October 2015
- How to Quit the Gym and Still Have Crop Top-Worthy Abs. Siobhan Reid. – the Coveteur – October 27, 2015
- Can Cushions Ease Children’s Backpack Burden? Laura Johannes. – Wall Street Journal – October 6, 2015
- The Best Sleep Position for What Ails You. Kathryn Olney. – SafeBee.com – October 2, 2015
- 7 Best Stretches for Neck and Back Pain. Andrea Atkins. – Grandparents.com – September 2015
- Tweet Chat – Dr. Richard Besser ABC News Chief – Arthritis July 21, 2015
- Mother Load – WebMD on the Street. WebMD Magazine. WebMD.com May 2015
- In a Slump by Meghan Rabbitt with Dr. Mary Ann Wilmarth in Women’s Health Magazine April 2015. Pages 76-78. About posture & ergonomics
- Roll Away Your Pain; Bumpy foam rollers and handheld batons really do the job… An interview with Mary Ann Wilmarth, DPT, OCS Bottom Line/Health, February 2015
- 7 Posture Tips to Help You Feel Younger, Paying attention to your body’s alignment now can save you from serious health problems down the road By Beth Levine Grandparents.com December 2014
- Understanding the Fascia a Podcast on MoveForward Physical Therapy December 5, 2014
- A Body Part You Never Knew You Had Could Be Making You Miserable By Corrie Pikul HuffingtonPost.com Posted: 12/03/2014 11:45 am EST
- How to save your back during holiday shopping Plus strategies to rescue your wrists by Sue Byrne ConsumerReports.org Published: November 28, 2014
- Stay Healthy and Pain Free-Free while Traveling Preventing pain and discomfort while traveling: An interview with Dr. Mary Ann Wilmarth, by Christina Outlay PhD FitScholar.com September 2, 2014
- Ease Rheumatoid Arthritis Hand and Wrist Pain With At-Home Exercises Life script. Donna Fennessy. March 7, 2017.
- How to Exercise With Psoriatic Arthritis: Expert Advice to Help You Stay Limber and Reduce Pain. Life script. Dana Gottesman. August 22, 2016.
- Tips to relieve Ankylosing Spondylitis Back Pain. Madeline R. Vann, MPH. Everyday Health. 6/1/2016.
- How to Handle Rheumatoid Arthritis at Work. Lisa Fields. WebMD Feature. May 2016.
- How to Build a Better Knee. Linda Marsa – Men’s Journal – April 2016.
- 5 Best Moves To Prevent And Ease Back Pain. Sharon Liao. Prevention.com – February 17, 2016
- Tread Safely: Take steps to prevent treadmill injuries. Emily Delzell. – Arthritis Today – March-April 2016
- Tips From Physical Therapists on How to Manage Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS). Beth W. Orenstein. – EverydayHealth.com – October 28, 2015
- Single-Leg Drills for Balanced Running by Deb Dellapena Competitor: Your online source for running. October 16, 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
Injury Prevention and Treatment
- Sticky Business Whether used for muscle repair, stability management, recovery or enhanced performance, Kinesio tape can be a valuable component in the your fitness toolkit by Amy Schlinger April 28, 2014 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Prevent 3 Common Gym Injuries by Jennifer Moncayo Fitbie.com April 8. 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth
- With Elbows, Cortisone Shots May Hurt More Than Help by Nancy Shute SHOTS: Health News from NPR February 6, 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Prevent That Back Problem
- Expert Advice for Avoiding Injury and Getting Back Pain Relief by Ellen Wlody Special to Lifescript December 1, 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Feeling Achy? The Body Part You Don’t Know You Have by Corrie Pikul Oprah.com October 1, 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Kinesio Taping at the 2012 London Olympics “Crazy Tape On Olympians: Does it Work?” by Emily Sohn Discovery.com News August 10, 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Low Back Pain: Prevention and Management on BlogTalkRadio BlogRadio.com April 23, 2012 An audio interview with Dr. Wilmarth
- Back Off from Bad Habits by Sandra Gordon Metro Kids July 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Zlife: Safe and Sound Dance, In the Magazine Volume 2 Spring 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
- New Product Puts a Convenient Chill on Pain by Natalie Kostelni Philadelphia Business Journal March 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- 5 Fitness Fixes for Silly Gadget Injuries by Emily GW Chau MSN Fitbie March 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Keep Moving to Prevent Back Pain by Shelby Sheehan-Bernard The Seattle Times December 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- 12 Ways to Improve Back Pain by Carolyn Sayre WebMD May 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- MoveForwardPT Myofascial PainTMJ
- Snow Shoveling Tips with Dr. Wilmarth
- Germinate Your Garden and Your Health This Spring American Physical Therapy Association March 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Taking Care of your Back and Neck An interactive workshop with Dr. Wilmarth Center for Wellness-Harvard University Health Services November 5, 2013 (6:00-7:00 PM)
- Save Your Back on Your Next Hike: The right backpack could make your next trek much more enjoyable by Amy Lynn Smith Nationwide Magazine July 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Back to School Means Backpack Safety: Help protect kids from stress and strain, experts say US News & World Report 2007 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Physical Culture: Gear Test, Backpacks by Yishane Lee NY Times –August 2009 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Pack leaders: The right backpack (and proper way to wear it) eases kids’ burdens by Nicole Carter NY Daily News 2007 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Pop Quiz: Backpack or Messenger Bag? by Samantha Critchell Associated Press 2007 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Is Your Child’s Backpack Making the Grade? Associated Press 2005, 2006, 2007 with Dr. Wilmarth
Posture and Position
- Benefits of Exercise Balls Vs Office Chairs by April Castillo. Women’s Day June 20, 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Find the Perfect Sleep Position by Sumathi Reddy The Wall Street Journal January 14, 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Posture pointers and pitfalls: Improve your body alignment by Danielle Braff Chicago Tribune June 18, 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth Change Your Sleep Position…To relieve pain, acid reflux, snoring and more. BottomLine Health Vol 27 No 5 May 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Sit Up Straight. Your Back Thanks You by Lesley Alderman The New York Times June 24 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- You and Your Physical Therapist for RA by Winnie Yu Healthmonitor April 2013 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Plunging into Physical Therapy by Tom Bayles Herald Tribune June 12, 2012 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Is It Time For Physical Therapy? by Matt McMillen WebMD June 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth
- Physical therapists can help injuries heal, even when the cause is unclear by Lennie Bernstein The Washington Post May 2011 with Dr. Wilmarth