- I have known Mary Ann Wilmarth for over 20 years, both as a colleague, and a friend. We worked together at a private practice, and later became friends. Over the years, I have come to learn how talented and truly amazing Mary Ann is as a physical therapist. She has a vast knowledge base, and is also well informed on the latest and most innovative techniques. Mary Ann has been an excellent resource for anything related to the field of Physical Therapy. In my opinion, she is one of the most accomplished in her field. D. Dewhirst, Wakefield, MA
- Thank you so much Dr. Wilmarth for all your care this year. I feel truly blessed by your care, your generosity, and your ingenious creativity. Thank you.
- Thank you so much for being the best doctor that I’ve ever had! You have made a huge difference in my health & I am so grateful. It was always a treat to come to PT and I feel very lucky to know you!
- Dr. Wilmarth is so organized, pleasant and innovative!
Graduate students who are practicing physical therapists
- Dr. Willmarth is a source of inspiration and a friend to whom I will always be grateful. Dr. Willmarth is a tireless and compassionate source of motivation and dedication to our field and to improving people’s lives. She is a mentor to me and someone I have always admired and been inspired by. I am grateful to Dr. Willmarth for her guidance and support in the DPT and for seeing in me an educator in the making. She is one of the people I most admire. I believe she is a very special person in our field and hope to be able to motivate, inspire and support others as she has with all of her students and patients.
- Thank you Dr. Wilmarth for setting my heart on fire again, about being who I am, a Physical Therapist.
- I am able to treat my patients in a more holistic manner and have found myself to be able to identify causative factors and improve treatments on a whole new level. Thank you.
- Thank you so much Dr. Wilmarth for guiding and supporting me through all my classes. Thanks to you, I’m able to graduate and I have now decided to live in America. I will never forget this gratitude as I continue practicing Physical Therapy through my life. God bless you and once again, thank you so much.
- Your course has been a great learning experience for me. It has been very interesting to work and struggle through the various steps necessary to complete a case report. I have a greater appreciation for evidence-based practice, and I feel compelled to encourage my colleagues to publish in order to expand the physical therapy literature. In the end, the course was indeed a lot of work, but well worth the effort. Thank you Dr. Wilmarth
- Through your course I have been put to the challenge of really starting to feel like a “doctor” for the first time and it has helped me to start to see myself as a “doctor of physical therapy.” Dr. Wilmarth – I thank you for all of your support, encouragement and guidance as I have embarked on this journey. I could not have done it without you.
- Taking the time to put my thoughts down on paper and really examine the benefits of an interdisciplinary, functionally goal-oriented approach to assessment and treatment of clients in their environment really made me think twice about each and every client that I treat. Thank you Dr. Wilmarth for being a mentor for me.
- I thought at times that I would never finish this paper; sometimes I wanted to pull out my hair; sometimes I just cried for a couple of hours; and sometimes my mind was so overwhelmed, that I just stared at the computer screen without seeing the words in front of me. This paper, project and publication consumed massive amounts of time and effort, but I feel it was well worth it. I spent hours upon hours researching, writing, revising and editing. In the end, I have a piece of professional work of which I am extremely proud. I am even thinking about my next article already. This is truly amazing – thank you Dr. Wilmarth.
- Dr. Wilmarth rekindled the flame I felt when I first entered this profession with awe and excitement. Thank you.
Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats